Since our fifth child has been born, I tried grocery shopping multiple times with all my children and each trip was so close to a fail. The next week rolls around and I think, “Oh, I can do this!” So I load up all the children into the vehicle and an hour or so later, driving home and thinking again, “Why in the world did I choose to do that!”
So, I’m done! I’ve gotten to the point where I will no longer take my long list of items needed plus all my children into a grocery store again.
I could easily go in the evenings (which I have also done multiple times in the last few months) and leave my children back with their dad. But I feel like I’m wasting an evening away from home and family time.
Here is my secret…
All my shopping is done online!
I shop at three different places for almost all the items needed on my list. Each order is placed online. Only one gets shipped directly to me. So I do need to go and pick the other two orders up at the store (but not with children and a grocery cart and my list and going through isle after isle!).
We are in need of bulk food to feed these little blessings. Food disappears so fast around this house (I can’t imagine how it will be once they are older!)
1. First, you will need a membership with Sam’s Club.
2. At anytime you can place your order online, and then schedule to have it picked up at a certain time.
3. Once you arrive, go to the kiosk to let them know you are there to pick up your order.
4. They bring your cart full of groceries to you and you walk out the door and load them up in your vehicle.
The only downfall, is you actually have to unload your children, walk inside with them to pick up your grocery cart. But how much more simpler is that than walking through each isle with all your children!
You pay online, which again, makes it even more simple picking up your order.
Weis is very similar to Sam’s Club:
1. You will need to have a preferred member’s card.
2. At anytime you can place your order online, and then schedule to have it picked up at a certain time. Not all Weis’s have the online shopping, so check on this link, Weis online shopping, to see if the Weis nearest you provides this service. They charge only $2.95 for this service for each order. (However, I believe your first one is free.)
3. Now this, I absolutely love! There is special parking for the online orders. You pull right up, call the number shown, and they bring the grocery cart right to your vehicle!
I will be shopping more at Weis just for this reason right here. If you have a coupon(s), you can wait to pay your order once you pick it up (and then present the coupons). They brought a credit card machine out with the groceries so I could pay my bill!
I joined Amazon Prime about six months ago, and did not know how much I was missing out! To have almost anything shipped to your door two days later… is amazing! Walmart has become deceased in my shopping locations.
1. You first will need to become an Amazon Prime member (you can join in with family members and split the cost!) – Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial.
2. At anytime you can place your order online.
3. It gets shipped to your door in just a few days!
The other day I did my once a month shopping all online while the children were in bed. The next day I loaded up the children to go pick up my orders at Weis and Sam’s Club (thankfully they are close to each other). And I will be receiving my Amazon package tomorrow. This, I would say is efficiency! As a mother of five little ones, this is a huge time and energy saver for grocery shopping.
How about you? What are your secrets in grocery shopping with your little ones?